7 pm – 9 pm: N*A*I*L*S hacks*facts*fictions: Femme Fitness – Sexy Dancing, Agency and Femme Empowerment, 3019 Monday Nails Halle 18 Hack Lab, 4 Real, Trúng Mú – White Mist in Foreign Country and a collaborative publication
Conversations, manicures and transmissions with Anisha Müller, Anna Ehrenstein, Ayşe Güleç, Chi Phan, DAMN / Deutsche Asiat*innen Make Noise, Dovilè Aleksaitè, Le Nails training center, Jinran Ha, Johanna Michel, Katja Kobolt, Kim Bode, Liane Aviram, Phuong Linh Nguyen, Suza Husse, Thao Ho and Vicky Truong
N * A * I * L * S hacks*facts*fictions emerges from collaborative and open-ended artistic and activist research processes and conversational and manicuring transactions that began in spring 2018.
Between September 2018 and June 2019, various N*A*I*L*S hacks*facts*fictions groups operate within the framework of Caring for Conflict:
* a hack lab on the reflective surfaces of the tables at Le Nails Training Center, where virtual reality, living contact and visions of the future overlap (3019 Monday Nails Hall 18 Hack Lab with Le Nails nail design students, Chi Phan, Dovilè Aleksaitè, Jinran Ha, Katja Kobolt, Kim Bode, Liane Aviram, Phuong Linh Nguyen, Thao Ho, Yen Le)
* a series of workshops on nail fashions as starting points for imagined bodies & identities (4 Real with Anna Ehrenstein & Johanna Michel)
* a dance, movement and body course (Femme Fitness – Sexy Dancing, Agency and Femme Empowerment with Anisha Müller, DragoXie, Cherub Henry, Maque Pereyra, Marga Alfa, Liane Aviram, Luisa Burow, Laura Lulika)
* an exhibition on the political figure of white dust in nail studios and toxic environments (Trúng Mú – White Mist in Foreign Country with Nguyen Phuong Linh, Suza Husse, Tuan Mami, Kim Bode)
* a collaborative publication project on nail care, art and migration (with Anisha Müller, Anna Ehrenstein, Ayşe Güleç, DAMN / Deutsche Asiat*innen Make Noise, Dovilè Aleksaitè, Ferdiansyah Thajib, Inia Steinbach, Jinran Ha, Johanna Michel, Katja Kobolt, Kim Bode, Liane Aviram, Mareike Bernien, Nguyen Phuong Linh, Suza Husse, Thao Ho, Yen Le, Vicky Truong).
On the occasion of the KLIRRRRR festival, the different strands are linked together via the collective interface of our nails and continued together with those present. Together we move through hacks, facts and fictions, perspectives, physicalities and stories. From within the conflicts and constraints of 2018/2019 propositions open up to a future/present nail cosmology based on a fundamentally different metaphysics, in which hybrid hands crack open the outer shell of binary files, egos are abolished, conflicts are open ended, dance and hand movements interrupt colonial and patriarchal violence, care is an exchange at a molecular level between animate and inanimate bodies passing one another, stones can fly and the nail is a convivial organ.